Thursday 29 January 2015

Senses


I love sweet food; I'll eat anything with sugar in it. Whenever I make hot chocolate for my friends they think it's super gross and don't understand how I can drink it because there is so much sugar in it. This is one example of how people taste things differently. It's so weird how somebodies favourite food is somebody else's least favourite. Like with all our senses, we only know how we see and hear and feel things, but you can never know if other people are seeing or hearing or feeling the same things in the same way.
Some questions that arise from this observation:  Is there any such thing as "good" food or "good" flavours, or is it a matter of opinion? Does everyone taste things the same way, or when we eat the same thing are we tasting something totally different than each other? Do all of our senses work in this way, where everyone's perceptions are different?

No comments:

Post a Comment